Onward Bound Academy
One of a Kind Fully Dedicated School for Dogs
Your life is busy, our life is dogs.
We don’t expect you to love training as much as we do or spend countless hours drilling obedience with your dog. Our training programs are built from the ground up to meet busy families’ practical real-world needs:
- Tailored Programs: We want to know you and your family’s specific needs so we can create the perfect program.
- Beyond obedience commands: Traditional trainers love rote obedience, but family dogs need default manners and behaviors so they don't cause trouble in the first place.
- Real world scenarios: We have kitchens and living room areas set up in our training center to practice the skills your dog needs like staying off counters and tables, not begging at the table, politely greeting visitors at the door, and not harassing you when you watch TV.
- Lifetime assistance: We’ll train your whole family in maintaining your dog’s behavior. We’ll give you in person lessons, but we’re also available by phone, text, and even video conference to make sure you get the most out of your training. Take all the flex classes you want while your dog is enrolled. We’ll even keep your dog’s training sharp if you board with us or use our graduate program!
- Family Friendly: Kids as young as 7 or 8 can master our practical gentle training techniques, and we can teach you to make sure that your dog doesn’t overwhelm younger children.
Onward Bound Canine Academy
What will your dog learn?:
Who is it for?
Busy owners and families who would like fast results with their dog or puppy. You don't need to spend hours training boring obedience tasks, we love it and want to do that part!
No need to...
How does it work?
Step 1. Initial consult. You come for a meet and greet to discuss the problem behaviors and prioritize them according to your training goals. We write up a training plan so you know exactly what to expect along the way. Dogs must be social with people and dogs, so your dog must pass an initial assessment to be admitted into school.
Step 2. The training. Drop off your dog, or sign up for our taxi service, and watch your dog transform in front of your eyes! We keep you updated with daily reports and weekly short private lessons. Each semester is four weeks long with different enrollment levels. Take as many of our group flex classes as you want during your dog's program! The incredible dog you have always wanted is only a few weeks away!
Step 3. The transfer. We hold lessons with you at the end of every week so you can stay updated on your dog's progress. Once they have finished their program you have an additional four flex classes or one hour private lesson to answer any questions you might have. We will keep your training sharp if you board with us or use or educational daycare!
Enrollment and Tuition
-Training equipment package, so you have the materials you need for success.
We will provide; a harness or head collar and leash, treat pouch, and an interactive toy.
-Access to our dog training handouts to follow along with between lessons.
These are printable for easy reference.
-2 months of e-mail support for any dog-related questions.
E-mail us any time with dog-related questions. We're your personal canine support team!
-Bonus: Attend a six week class as part of your dog's program!
Book your Meet & Greet today!